Loose teeth are uncomfortable, especially when you try to eat food or chew gum. The feeling of the tooth pulling away from the gum is enough to send chills down your spine. It seems like an eternity, waiting for either the tooth to become loose enough to be extracted or strong enough to no longer be a problem.
Dr. Gabriel Doria has years of experience dealing with loose teeth with a very gentle touch. Teeth become loose because of lost gum tissue, injury, orthodontic treatment, or pressure caused by tooth misalignment. A new technique called periodontal splinting attaches weak teeth together, turning them into a single unit that is stable and stronger than the single teeth by themselves. The procedure is most commonly performed on the front teeth. The procedure is as simple as using composite material to attach, or splint, the loose teeth to the adjoining stable teeth. Tooth splinting is a common procedure that has gained popularity due to its effectiveness.
Loose teeth are often caused by
- Not brushing teeth for 2 minutes twice a day
- Untreated Gum disease with plaque
- Dental injuries or fractures from sports or accidents
- Tooth decay from too much sugar
- Osteoporosis in older adults
If you are struggling with a loose tooth or moving molars here are some steps you can take today to help the situation:
- See a dentist ASAP, we can often take same day appointments at our Bayonne dentist office
- Make sure you are brushing twice a day and each time brushing for 2 minutes
- We know you aren’t going to floss, so use mouthwash and a waterpik to fight the plauqe
- Drink more milk and other high calcium foods to help your teeth & bones
- Swap out some of your soda & sugary drink with water or milk
- Avoid gum and similar chewy foods which will pull on your loose tooth
- Seriously see a dentist ASAP, why are you waiting? Your teeth aren’t magically going to heal themselves
Life is too short to live with loose teeth. If you have a loose molar or loose incisor visit our NJ dentist office for a consultation and find out your treatment options to address these moving teeth before they fall out. The sooner a dentist can examine your teeth, the more options you have to keep your smile looking great. We have years of experience saving loose molars and teeth. We can handle the most delicate loose molar and incisor treatments to save your smile. Contact our Bayonne office today for a smile saving consultation.
Call us or visit our Bayonne dentist office today to find out more how we can help save your loose tooth and molars.